Thursday, July 16, 2009

If the kids are united...

This weekend is going to be eventful, it seems. Tonight, I've got someone coming up from College Station and we're going to see Rancid and Rise Against at the Palladium (but honestly, mostly Rancid). I've seen Ben Folds and the Blackest of the Black tour at the Palladium, and I got to admit, I'm not a fan of the venue. Mostly because if I want to be sure I get tickets, I have to get gouged by Ticketbastard because the Palladium refuses to sell tickets at the box office until the day of the show. The House of Blues doesn't do that. Neither does the Granada or the Lakewood.

Then on Saturday, there's derby in Mesquite. BOOYAH. I don't know why, but despite Ass City not being as well established as, say, the Texas Rollergirls in Austin, I have a better time up here in Dallas. They most certainly have good choices for themes. Last month was a Ramones theme, this month it's the Beatles. Before last month it was the Clash and David Bowie. I still need to pick up a white dress shirt at Goodwill before then in support of the Deadly Kennedys. Why Goodwill? Well, I don't want to spraypaint a black S on a brand new shirt, do I? (Looking at that pic, holy crap, when was Zachary Quinto in the Dead Kennedys?)

Other news. In order to make exercise something other than complete and utter drudgery, I've invested in *gasp* a metal DDR dance pad. I was hesitant at first, getting one from Red Octane, because the last pad I got from them was complete shite and lasted all of a week before breaking (the zipper connecting the top half to the bottom which kept the foam padding inside sucked). I also picked up some new DDR games. Apparently I picked the right game initially. I already owned DDRMAX on the PS2. It's now selling on Amazon for $95. I did my research on the games I didn't have and got a number of them used for cheap. (Side note: one bad thing about getting used things that contain porous materials. You can always tell when it was previously owned by someone who smoked in their house. Ugh.) Amazing how the time flies playing a game and getting one's workout at the same time, eh?

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: